Friday, August 28, 2009

Quinten John

Quinten came into the world on Tuesday August 25, at 4:09 pm. Weighing in at 5 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches long. My water broke Tuesday morning about 5, but shortly after my contractions stopped. My doctor new it would be fast, and so he did not want to start my pitocin until after he was out of surgery. So at 2 pm they started my pitocin. I could lightly feel my contractions, even though not one ever showed up on the monitors, ever, the whole labor. At 3:30 I was at a 5 and could feel my contractions HARD! By 4:00 I was at a 10 and still feeling every single one, even if the computer was not showing any! At 4:09 he was born with one single push (they only counted to 8 and then yelled at me to STOP!!!). I finally had a baby that came out screaming and he even peed on my doctor. I got to hold him as soon as he was born, another first, and he NEVER went into the NICU, yippee. He is a wonderful baby and we are so happy he is here and healthy. They discovered after he was born that yes I did have intrauterine growth restriction, so it was better he came when he did or he could have had some major issues. We went to 36 weeks I am super proud of that! Here are a lot of pictures....sorry we kinda think he is cute. By the way we will be blessing Quinten this Sunday, I know we are crazy, but we are also doing Andrews farewell so why not kill two birds with one stone? If you would like to come it is at my church at 11. If you need to know how to get there send me an email or comment.










4 comments:

lynsey said...

yaaaaay! he's adorable! and you look beautiful...i'm so glad everything went well even though it sounds like a pretty crazy labor. but less crazy than your others, it sounds like!

congratulations to you both!

Sharon said...

He is adorable. I'm so glad that everything worked out well. Sorry we couldn't make it to the farewell and blessing. I hope it wasn't all too crazy!

Chad and Kayla said...

He's so cute! Congrats! I'm glad everything went well and he is healthy!

TeamDall said...

He is so cute. You and Brent have a mold your kids all look so much alike, but I think he does look like Parker. Congratulations to your cute, cute family:)