Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A float update...

It is 99% done! Yippee!!! We HAVE to have it finished by Friday morning at 10, but it looks like it will be finished by Wednesday night. Brent and I finished our things on Tuesday, because Wednesday IS HARRY POTTER DAY!!! It has been really fun to work on the float and I have learned a lot. I will NEVER look at floats the same way again! Here is my corn, finally finished and up. Monday night the float committee head decided that we needed "real" ears of corn on the float. So in one day I had to figure out how to make them and then do it in one shot. Who knew you can make ears of corn with foam, yellow yarn and a swimming tube floaty thing. I think they look pretty good.
Here is the front of the float, where Parker will be plowing his wheat field. I actually had a professional florist come and talk to me about my wheat, because it was the most realistic wheat he has ever seen! Thanks Ry again for such a great idea!


A tomato plant.



The front of the two houses Brent made. It should be really cute when all the pumpkins, flowers and kids get put into place. I will post more pics when we are done and of course of the parade. If any one wants to see it in person it will be in the Ogden City parade on the 24th of July.




3 comments:

lynsey said...

looks amazing!!! if i could vote for "best float," yours would get my vote for sure!

Team Shelton said...

It looks so good! Who knew you could be so artistic and creative. My float wouldn't have been 1/2 as good.

Williams Family said...

I like the blue door better on the little house. What happened? Your float looks great. It looks like you guys did most of the work.