Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank Heaven for little ones!!

I just want to express my gratitude for all of my children. As I sat down yesterday trying to explain to my children why we celebrate Memorial Day. I felt so blessed. My children have never had to experience the lows of a funeral, we have had people we know pass, but not anyone my children have been close to. They have all their grandparents and most of their great grandparents. The closest we came was when my sister Heidi was diagnosed with cancer in 2005.
I also remembered my friend who in February gave birth to a still born baby and had only a short minute with her here on earth. I commented to Brent that we must be the luckiest people on the planet. We have had all our children early, and some of them were born with problems, but not one of those problems have lasted more than the week they were in the hospital. We don't have any disabilities from being preemie, that means we are in the 3% for preemie babies. Not to mention we have beaten the odds five times, to me is a miracle. We have felt our hearts yanked out of our chest as our children are wheeled into the NICU, given spinal taps or breathing treatments. I have cried each time they gave me a steroid shot, hoping that this time it might make their little lungs develop better. But I have been truly Blessed. I have never felt an ache that didn't go away, or a pain I can not comfort. I wake up every day to five smiling, joyful and energetic children, whom I love more than anything.
Some days as a mom I am overwhelmed, and sometime would like a moment to myself, but in those moments I think about what would I do with out my children. One day they will be out of the house and grown, they wont need their Mommy all the time. I will miss these days when they need me so much. I just want to express my love for each of my children and most of all Thank my Heavenly Father for sending my five perfect little ones to watch after.

1 comment:

TeamDall said...

We are all blessed! You have such a cute family and you're a great mom and friend. That was a nice post:)