Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day !!

For Mother's Day my Mother-in-law Pat, gave me President Hinckley's book "My Dear Sisters." As I sat down to read it I thought that his thoughts are my thoughts about all my "moms" I have had in my life. "How much more beautiful would the world and society in which we live if... every mother regarded her children as the jewels of her life, as gifts from the God of Heaven, who is their Eternal Father, and brought them up with true affection in the wisdom and admonition of the Lord."
"You are the keepers of the homes. You give encouragement to your husbands. You teach and nurture your children in faith. For some of you life is difficult and even bitter. But you complain so very little and do so very much. How deeply indebted we are to you!"
"What a wonderful thing you have done as mothers. You have given birth and nurtured children. You have entered into a partnership with our Father in Heaven to give mortal experience to His sons and daughters. They are his children and they are your children, flesh of your flesh, for whom He will hold you responsible. You have rejoiced over them, and in many cases you have sorrowed. That have brought you happiness as no one else could. They have brought you pain as no other could."

Thank you Pat for being a great mom, mother-in-law and most of all grandma. You are truly wonderful.
To all my grandmas...Myrna, Marla, and Grandma Great. You are a real blessing in my life. Thank you for always loving us and for loving my kids as much as you do. Grandma Myrna "I love you more than a diet coke!"
To all those other "Mom's" along my way, Jan, Lisa and Sue. You have always loved me like I was one of your own, and now with my mom so far away, I am so glad that I have you all to call on when ever I need you. You are awesome...thanks! To my friend moms, Becca, Kayla, Becky, and Amy's, I don't know what I would do with out your support. You truly Rock! Thanks for being a shoulder to lean on.

Last but not least my own Mom. I love you! You are a wonderful Mom, Grandma, friend and example. You are always there to help answer my lame questions, or diagnose my kids over web cam. Even if we are far way, I know you are always here for me. I hope you have a wonderful day, you deserve it. Thanks Mom for all you do for me, I love You!

2 comments:

TeamDall said...

that's so cute and a great tribute:)

Chad and Kayla said...

That's neat, Thanks Rach! Hope you had a great day!