Tuesday, April 1, 2008

PINE WOOD DERBY

Parker had his first pine wood derby last week. He didn't do as well as Brent hoped, but his car did make it down the track. His Car is the black one with gold flames, his best friend Tyler had the Cleveland Cavaliers Car. I hope Parker took away the knowledge of good sportsmanship, but with the way the Dads acted it could be hard to walk away with anything. I never remember going to my brothers pine wood derby, maybe because by the time Ryan was in scouts I was 12/13 and I could be left home alone. I never realized what a huge deal these little cars could be, I mean you would think Jeff Gordon was personally coming to be the judge. Brent is in the Webelos scouts and one of his boys made the comment that he was so excited this year for the derby, because it was going to be his last year so his dad was going to let him pick out the color. Yes, his dad did all of his car, poor David got to pick out the color. Really, is it that important to win. Dads were re oiling the wheels before each run, and reweighing the cars, it is really crazy if you ask me. Isn't it supposed to be for the boys? Here is Parker racing his car down the track, yeah Parker.
Parker did not want his picture taken, so this is the look he gave me. Did someone put something in the punch?
Here is Parker getting his Award for the race. He did not win first place. Brent's scout David did, maybe his DAD does know how to build a good car. We think you still did wonderful Parker.

2 comments:

Team Shelton said...

Yeah its crazy how competitive people can get over silly things. I hope Parker enjoyed himself though.

TeamDall said...

That is so funny. You guys are really a cute family.

So, we learned about Adam and Eve for FHM (Family Home Morning) on Monday and we've kept the picture of them on our fridge. I asked Carter who they were and he said "Adam and..." I filled in Eve. He said, "No, it's Rachel." Funny huh!