Monday, June 1, 2009

We are here...

So I really did not fall off the face of the earth. We have just been super busy, and time to blog has fallen by the wayside.
My new calling is Parade Chair, what is that you ask. Well our stake is building a float for the days of 47 parade, and I am one of the people in charge of it. We are making a float that will look like a pioneer and modern day garden. So I have been making a lot of pvc pipe corn stalks and wheat made out of tubing. When I get my part of the garden completed I will take a pic and show everyone. But to say the least it has been very time consuming.
I would say I have also been "nesting", yes it is a bit early for people who carry to term but because I DO NOT, and I only have six maybe eight weeks before my Dr. says no more cleaning, you need to REST, I have my list of things to clean or get done everyday.
It may also help that in 15 days Annaka, Bridger and I are going to Florida, or that in the next couple of months I will have a farewell for Andrew at my house. Pick the reason, but we have been busy. So here are a few things we have been busy with.... Eating ice cream sandwiches.
My new bedspread, this did not really make me busy but I got it in the last few weeks.


Making Noah and Bridger's new basketball bedspreads, I also repainted their room.


We learned about Wayne County, and had to make a float to go with it.
Do you remember what county you did? I did Morgan.



Planted our garden and put a picked fence around it. This way the horse-dog we have can not eat another peach tree.





Built a chicken coop for our chickens, Link, Zelda, Luke and Runner. and NO I did not name any of them. When you give boys the opportunity to name an animal it doesn't matter what sex that animal is...they will get names from video games or Star Wars!





Poured our first piece of cement.
So that is what we have been up too. To answer a few questions about our newest addition. Quinten is definitely a BOY! I told the ultrasound tech. I've seen those parts a few times before. I am due on September 22, so hopefully we make it to September this time. I think 9/9/09 would be pretty cool. But that would be a miracle. I feel okay, morning sickness is over, but my contractions have started. As I told Brent the other day if I never had a contraction I would think something was wrong. So they are just part of my daily life while I am pregnant. We started steroid shots in May, so hopefully his little lungs will be developed. Other than the normal junk that goes along with being pregnant I am doing great.











4 comments:

Team Shelton said...

I love the garden and the chicken coop, it looks so nice. I wish I could make it to FL with you, but that's not going to happen :(. Oh, and I love the boy's new room too. Don't wear yourself out!
-Heidi

Gage said...

A couple years ago Shawnee was in charge of their parade float for her ward. Oh my goodness! It was a HUGE calling. She had a ton to do...so good luck with that. All your projects look great. I love the garden and the little fence around it.

Williams Family said...

Rach your yard looks GREAT!! The chicken coop is very nice. I am sure your family will love the fresh eggs. I can't wait to see it in person. Don't over do it. Have Brent and Andrew help you out more!! (HaHa) We love all of you so much and miss you tons!!

lynsey said...

goodness gracious! you need to slow down i can't believe how much you've been up to while you're pregnant. i hope you're feeling well and taking care of yourself during all of your business. :)