Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And the OSCAR goes to.....

PARKER!
For the best actor in a drama, "North Davis Hospital ER". Parker, Corbin and some friends were playing on the trailer (a HUGE NO NO) and the hitch part fell on Parker's hand and sliced it up pretty good. Neither Brent or I believed him as he came screaming "I'm going to die!" He cries wolf A LOT! But once we had a look at the bleeding mess we thought better, pawned the kids off at neighbors and rush our "dying" son to the ER. The car ride went like this:
Parker: (screaming) I am going to DIE!! Call the president so we can use his helicopter to get there faster,
P-L-E-A-S-E!
Mom: (trying to hold back laughter) We only live five minutes away bud, you WILL NOT DIE!
This went on for the entire five minutes, and when we hit a red light it was magnified.
When we got to the ER there was hardly anyone there so I figured 30 minutes waiting room tops! Every time someone would go in before us, Parker would wale, "Don't they know I am dying over here, I think I lost too much blood, I may die right now!" I think Brent and I were hoping that he may pass out so we would not have so much drama, little did we know his acting skills were about to go through the roof.
When the nurse came in Parker was quite skeptical of what she was going to do. But then it started, the minute she stuck him with the first numbing shot. He started to scream for his LAWYER. Brent and I had to sit on his legs and hold him down for fear of him jumping up and running away. He told the poor nurse that she "did NOT go to medical school, and that she needed to leave NOW!" To say the least we were mortified! The poor doctor was in for a treat. Parker yelled and screamed and again asked for his Lawyer (I have never said that line and have no idea where he got it, later he said it was from ICarly). Needless to say 2 hours and seven stitches later the hospital voted and Parker won the BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA.

I really hope he never has anything truly traumatic happen...he would just die.
He did apologize after the fact to the nurse and doctor. Good thing, his common sense returned afterward.

3 comments:

Gage said...

That is a great story!

Sharon said...

That is hilarious! Maybe he will have to give up icarly to save you from embarrassment. Although, he would undoubtedly find something else.

lynsey said...

oh my goodness this cracked me up! telling the nurse she did not go to medical school. i hope she had a sense of humor about it! glad it wasn't more serious & that the president didn't have to be alerted. ;)